Sunday, May 4, 2014

An Introduction to my Summer Review Series


The last seven months on this blog have been dedicated to themed months revolving around horror, silent, Christmas, Disney, musicals, gangster, and Western films. It's been a truly rewarding experience to channel my writing to have an overarching message for each month. Come September, I will attempt to pick that up again.

With all that said, I must admit that I did have difficulty coming up with four themes for the months during the summer. It occurred to me that it might be best to actually have an overarching theme that develops throughout the ENTIRE summer.

So what kind of concept can be so deep, yet so broad, that it can actually go throughout an entire four month concept while still spanning the decades and seeming like a fresh concept? Then it hit me: Film History. For the summer, I will be sitting through films that have had the biggest pop culture impact on film history throughout the decades. This series of summer reviews will consist of 20 reviews (too much?) starting from the 1920s and going through to 2010s (that's 10 decades, so 2 films per decade).

This summer will offer a more open selection for me in choosing films that are important to watch. I hope this will be a lot of fun and provides a chance to look at the bigger picture when it comes to film: its history.

So coming soon is my first post in my brief history of film during the summer starting with the 1920s...

Also, feel free to comment on the posts and share them with your friends, family, or anyone who appreciates film. Feedback is very appreciative.

Sincerely,

Danny Fowler (a.k.a. The Author)


Copyright 2013 Fowler's Film Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment